[View or download a .pdf version]
David Jackson Wilburn II, Attorney and Counselor, Carrollton, Texas
Owner, February 2007 – present
Opened law firm focusing solely on probate, guardianship and estate planning matters.
Kenneth D. Martin & Associates, P.C., Dallas , Texas
Associate Attorney , October 2004 – February 2007
Primary practice included all aspects of probate, guardianship and estate planning law with additional emphasis on real estate, contracts and business law.
Bombardier Aerospace, Flexjet Program, Richardson , Texas
Contracts Administrator, March 2004 – October 2004
- Independently negotiated and drafted purchase, deposit, lease and management agreements for jet division of a multibillion-dollar corporation.
- Negotiated and closed deals totaling $18.5 million.
The Honorable Nikki DeShazo, Dallas County Probate Court, Dallas , Texas
Judicial Internship, Spring 2003
Supported Judge DeShazo with all aspects of court docket.
- Reviewed files before all hearings.
- Researched and wrote memoranda on summary judgments and other issues.
The Honorable Russell Austin, Harris County Probate Court Number 1, Houston , Texas
Judicial Internship, Fall 2002
Assisted Judge Austin with all aspects of court docket.
- Reviewed files before hearings on Will prove-ups and determinations of heirship.
- Researched and wrote memoranda analyzing the merits of motions for summary judgment.
Shannon, Martin, Finkelstein & Sayre, Houston, Texas
Summer Associate, 2002
Worked in Civil Litigation and Transactional Sections of 8-lawyer business litigation and transaction firm.
- Drafted and responded to discovery.
- Performed legal research and drafted legal memoranda for complex civil litigation issues such as piercing the corporate veil, alter ego and bankruptcy.
Redding & Associates, P.C., Houston, Texas
Law Clerk, June 2001 – April 2002
Worked as sole law clerk in litigation section of small Taxation law firm.
- Conducted legal research and prepared memoranda.
- Assisted in writing briefs, motions, discovery requests and responses.
Professor Meredith Duncan, University of Houston Law Center
Research Assistant, June 2001 – December 2001
Sommerman, Moore & Mitchell, L.L.P., Dallas, Texas
Investigator, 1999 - 2000
In-house investigator for well-respected Personal Injury Litigation firm.
- Located witnesses and clients and obtained statements, as well as, taking scene photos, interviewing police officers, searching court records and performing background searches.
- Drafted Settlement Brochures and Interrogatories.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
Licensed by SBOT – November 2003
University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas
J. D. awarded 2003; GPA 3.14.
- President, Christian Legal Society, 2001-2002
- Member, Corporate and Taxation Law Society, 2000-2003
- Member, Dean Nancy Rapoport’s Advisory Council, 2001-2003
- Finalist, Negotiation Competition 2001
- Active in John Black Moot Court Competition 2001
- Member, 2001 Disaster Recovery Team (after Topical Storm Allison)
McMurry University, Abilene, Texas
Bachelor of Music Education, magna cum laude awarded 1993.
WORK EXPERIENCE PRIOR TO LAW SCHOOL
Middle and High School Band Director, 1993-1998
Christian Legal Society
Saint Andrew United Methodist Church – Plano
College of the State Bar of Texas
State Bar of Texas – Real Estate, Probate & Trust Section
Denton County Bar Association – Real Estate, Probate and Trust Section
Collin County Bar Association-Probate and Estate Planning Section
Dallas Bar Association-Probate, Trusts & Estates Section
AD LITEM APPOINTMENTS
Currently receiving appointments from the following courts as Administrator, Guardian or Ad Litem:
Judge Weldon Copeland, Collin County Probate Court
Judge Nikki DeShazo, Dallas County Probate Court
Judge Robert Price, Dallas County Probate Court Number 2
Judge Michael Miller, Dallas County Probate Court Number 3
Judge Don Windle, Denton County Probate Court
Associate Judge Jerry Parr, Denton County Mental Health Court
Board of Directors, McMurry University Alumni Association
Chair, Stewardship Sub-committee of McMurry University Alumni Association Board of Directors
Co-Chair, Steering Committee, Campaign for Revitalization of McMurry University Band Hall Facilities
Board of Directors, Children’s Weekday Program; St. Andrew United Methodist Church, Plano
Teacher, Genesis Adult Sunday School Class – St. Andrew United Methodist Church, Plano
Teacher, Pre-School 3 to 5 year old Sunday School Classes – St. Andrew United Methodist Church, Plano
Member, Denton County Guardianship Task Force
Member, Dallas Bar Association – Guardianship Manual Committee
Secretary, True Grit Ministries
Nothing contained in this site should be construed as legal
advice nor shall it be deemed to create an attorney/client relationship.